classification of Tough Guide?

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 02:21:14 EST 2003

The 793.93 number is actually for fantasy role play
games. I looked it up if a few other libraries to see
how they treated it. The University of Sydney has a
copy in their Rare Book Collection (this doesn't mean
we have to start insuring our copies for megabucks -
it will be in their special collection of fantasy and
sf - one of the best in the world) but they don't give
it a Dewey number. The library of congress gives it
700.41521 which should be a visual arts number
although as I'm at home not work I couldn't sure
exactly what. In trying a few other online libraries
the University of Surry puts it at 809.915 which at
least is a literature number, as is the different
number that the Buckinhamshire Chilterns University
College gives it - 809.38766. My personal copy of
Dewey is too old to give a specific number for Fantasy
as opposed to SF (which is 809.3876) but I have an
idea it is actually 809.3915.

So you can take your pick.

Jon

--- "Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC)" <Kylie.Ding at kline.com>