hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 02:12:38 EST 2003

> > And I was thinking "Where?" they were educated,
> > not "When?" until I remembered that Victoria is a
> > state in Australia so victorian in this instance
> > does not refer to an era. I was very puzzled,
> > Jon, asd to how you could be so sure about how
> > Victorians (top hats and penwipers) pronounced
> > things!

I remember reading in one of the Monty Python books a review of a book called 'Eminent Victorians' which turned out to be a Who's Who of Victoria - "a really triffic state".

Charlie

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £14.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890