Thu Mar 6 23:29:29 EST 2003

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 13:14:40 -0700, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:08:27 -0800 (PST), Jenwa Hsung wrote:
>
>>And I
>>had always seen the Lerner and Loewe song listed as
>>"They Call the Wind Mariah", though looking online, it
>>looks like "They Call the Wind Maria" is used just as
>>often.  I wonder which it actually is.
>
>It's "Mariah."  I learned to play this on the guitar in fourth grade, so I
>saw the sheet music.

After I posted this I started reminiscing about that class, and our
teacher's funny spiky handwriting--he used to write out some of the chording
and lyrics at first--which made me question whether the song I had seen was
one of the ACTUAL copies from the show or his handwritten version.  I'm
pretty sure it was the latter, which means that I'm not certain which
spelling is right.  If I had the inclination, I'm sure I could look up the
libretto for "Paint Your Wagon," but I don't feel like it.

Melissa Proffitt

-----
English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary.