Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 05:46:38 EST 2003

 From: Melissa Proffitt
> That's exactly what we've noticed. It's like people are
> trying to map the name onto a sound they recognize.

It means that when you meet someone with an unusual name you can become
their friend for life by pronouncing it properly :) I met an Avigail
recently who was very surprised I didn't call her Abigail.
Jennifer (my father has a very unusual name and was determined that his
children would have common ones)