Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 05:38:07 EST 2003

Because they're black and white. (You may ask, so why not call them zebras
or penguins? Aha! I say. Because a zebra is a road crossing- marked with
white stripes- and a Penguin is a chocolate biscuit. Simple when you know :)
If someone said "panda car" most people would know what they meant but these
days they're mostly just called police cars AFAICT.
Jennifer