Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Thu Mar 6 01:57:24 EST 2003

> Because I am not from Utah, I am always handing people pins
> when they ask for pens.  :)

Because I am from and in Texas, everybody knows to specify whether they
want a pen to write with or a pin to stick into something, so we don't
have that problem. There are some advantages to living in one's home
town. I am not sure they balance the disadvantages of continually
running into people who recognize me from university days and whom I
can't place at all, but at least I know all the local pronunciation and
other traps. (Burnet is BURN-it, Manchaca is MAN-shack, and don't drive
through low water crossings when it's raining)

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com