johanna johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Wed Mar 5 14:27:11 EST 2003

> There's a name I'd seen recently on children's books that just SCREAMED
> name change:  Crescent Dragonwagon.  I looked her up and read the story
> of why she changed her name, and it was fascinating:

Ooh, I love Crescent Dragonwagon. I've never read her kids books, but she
is the author of my favorite cookbook. And yeah, I scurried online to find
out why she ended up w/that name, too. :)

> (Her mother, BTW, is children's writer Charlotte Zolotow.)

Thanks for the scoop--iirc, she doesn't mention that in the story & it was
driving me crazy trying to figure out whose daughter she was.

Johanna
P.S. I would've said Teleri "tell-AIR-i" too--I assumed it was from a book
& that seems like a more fantasy-novel-type pronunciation. ^_~

--
What, after all, is a halo? It’s only one more thing to keep clean.
--Christopher Fry, The Lady's Not For Burning

www.nobrandheroine.net