johanna johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Wed Mar 5 14:05:18 EST 2003

> ones).  It led me to wonder if perhaps the pronunciation of that name in
> England (and probably the etymology) came from a different source than
> Spanish.  Or, I don't know, it's just you crazy Brits being different
> again. :)

Ha! Yeah, isn't Regina pronounced ra-gyn-a over there & in Canada? It's my
middle name, & I have always said (& had said to me, here in the US)
re-jeen-a (think of the Regina Steamer Carpet Cleaner commercials!). No,
my middle name does NOT rhyme w/vagina. ;P

Johanna

--
What, after all, is a halo? It’s only one more thing to keep clean.
--Christopher Fry, The Lady's Not For Burning

www.nobrandheroine.net