johanna johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Wed Mar 5 13:45:30 EST 2003

> The whole Otter thing is a very long story, but the River Otter is
> definitely a personal totem thing [_not_ the Sea Otter, cute as they
> are].  [And, if we're going to be totally technical and why not,
> not lutra lutra, but lutra canadensis.]

Hey, thanks for sharing this story--I thought it was really interesting!
:) I wish I had a personal totem-type animal or something that would make
sense (to me, if no one else) for name-choosing. I've never even had good
nicknames, darnit! (& no, people calling me Hanna Banana or doing the v.
old, tired "Yo! Hanna!" thing does not count)

The funny thing is, I haven't run across much that I feel suits me, & even
though I dislike my given name, in some ways I feel like I've grown into
it.

Johanna

--
What, after all, is a halo? It’s only one more thing to keep clean.
--Christopher Fry, The Lady's Not For Burning

www.nobrandheroine.net