Question: "High" concepts in Fantasy

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue Mar 4 20:19:16 EST 2003

The one I have trouble with is Traralgon in Victoria.

It's pronounced Trah-ral -gon but it took me ages to sort it out... yes,
pronounce it the way it's spelled and you're OK.  Kurumburra caused me a few
headaches, too. It's not KURR-um-burra. It's Kurr-UM-burra.

Strahan in Tasmania is "Strawn" and Bicheno is "BEE-sh'n-o" or occasionally
"BISH-sh'n-o." Not, as a quiz master on Nat TV once said; "B'SHARN-o".

Sallyo.

----- Original Message ----- > and a comparable pleasure from being able to
pronounce