Question: "High" concepts in Fantasy

Otter Perry ottertee at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 4 07:58:18 EST 2003

Jon Noble wrote:

> Yes there are dangers in letting children pick their
> own names. My youngest Sarah is dissatisfied with her
> names (middle name is Eleanor) but has never managed
> to come up with a replacement. We're most upset, we
> went through agony to find good names for her and she
> doesn't like them. No wonder she gets called Snedge.

Children who don't like their names -- well, let's put
it this way.  My parents didn't name me Otter, but if
you want to see my passport, there it is, just as if
they had.

My original first name had disadvantages other than
my not liking it much.  And my parents never used it
anyway -- I have a nickname based on my middle name.
But that d**m first name got used in school because
I didn't know I could insist, and well, ....

Anyway, I changed it finally.

After my parents were both dead.