The Merlin Conspiracy interview on Bookseller

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Sat Mar 1 09:56:53 EST 2003

> and if that doesn't work, there's a secret club in which writers can
> send money to Schnectady and get bestseller ideas in response.

Schenectady? SCHENECTADY?!? Well, gosh darn it. No wonder I never made
it out of the midlist genre paperback ranks. It's nothing to do with
lack of talent; all these years I've been getting my ideas from some
cheap ripoff joint in Poughkeepsie. That's probably the outlet mall of
sf ideas whereas the Schenectady club is the Neiman-Marcus.....and I'm
not in their secret club. Sheesh.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com