Holiday reading

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 16 04:40:49 EDT 2003

Back at uni and online after the holidays. Have almost completed my DWJ
collection and caught up with reading in general. Came back from Canberra
and Sydney with far too many books for my luggage, although I offloaded some
DWJs onto a cousin. So here's the list:

Harlan Coben - Tell No One (nyah)
Meg Cabot - The Princess Diaries: Take two (still like All American Girl
best)
DWJ - Cart and Cwidder
DWJ - Drowned Ammet
DWJ - The Spellcoats
DWJ - The Crow of Dalemark
(enjoyed the Dalemark books very much, possibly Spellcoats best, but that is
as much for the way it fits with and echoes in the others as for the book
itself. Wanted to know more about Tanamil).
DWJ - Black Maria (great)
DWJ - Archer's Goon (had read spoilers but got them completely mixed up and
so was still surprised by the ending)
DWJ - Dogsbody (my first DWJ, and one of those sadly hopeful endings)
Bill Bryson - Mother Tongue (readable and enjoyable, my Dad is chuckling
over it now)
DWJ - Wilkin's Tooth
Dodie Smith - I Capture the Castle (to myself and over half aloud to my
grandmother, the book itself narrowly escaped when I spray-coated my
grandmother and her kitchen with poppy seed salad dressing)
Michael Ende - Momo (very happy to find it in English and I've never
finished it in German. I like it).

I still have to read Patricia McKillip's Riddle Master books and a few
others, but should be able to fit that in around cases.