Patterns

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 07:58:28 EDT 2003

--- Anna Z Skarzynska <theania at freeuk.com> wrote:
> Minnow:
> > Coo!  Thanks, Jon!  That's a lot more pattern for
> my
> > money than I had any right to expect.  Seven
> sisters
> > turning up in two places like that...  Ooooh, I
> *like*.
> >
> > How likely, after all, is cultural exchange on the
> > subject, between the Greeks and the Aboriginal
> > Australians?   Wow.
> >
> > Dazed and happy....  Patterns, patterns....
>

> A few years ago I got a book out of the library,
> called, IIRC, Cities of
> Dreams. It was all about the underlying
> connectedness of myth and legend,
> and the author linked that to the survival of
> Neanderthal genes in modern
> humans.
> I suspect it was a load of cosmic nonsense,

well the Neanderthal genes bit would seem to be as we
do seem to have any descent from them. Wasn't there an
Eric Frank Russell novel in which the world is divied
into cro-magnon descendants (the rulers) and
neanderthal descendants (the ruled) which all turns
out to be a big hoax.

 but it
> was also a good and
> interesting read. Definitely worth a look. Whilst
> maintaining a firm
> sceptical stance, of course.

Velikovsky was a great one for all this too, although
I can't recall any mention of the Pleiades from him.
Disapearing stars were just the sort of thing he would
have loved. My father "borrowed" all my Velikovsky
books many years ago and I never found out what
happened to them - I couldn't find them after he died.
 Hmmm - Velikovsky + pleiades on google gives 288 hits
- I look at them later, the first few don't seem to
suggest he had an explanation.

Jon