Pani Jadwiga

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jun 27 23:53:46 EDT 2003

> > Speaking of hares, has anyone on the list read Elizabeth Goudge's _The
> > little white horse_?
>
> Yes! Just recently, in fact, and thanks to the list. No thanks to my
> mother, who when she saw the book sitting on the kitchen counter said,
> "Oh, may I read this if you're done? I always loved this book!" and I
> said, "Mother! How could you have loved this book for years and *not*
> *told* me! I could have read it years ago!"

Now, of course, I have to go read it again. And re-read the other Goudge
children's books-- Linnets & Valerians, is the one I have. And the one
about the cathedral close family, with Henrietta? and Henrietta's House (I
think that was the title)...

I'm so glad I got on this list... the best-loved books on my bookshelf by
the bed need a rest. :)

Oh. Another book question: what about Patricia Wrede's Enchanted Forest
Chronicles... I just re-read them and realized there's a continuity error
in the series...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"What don't die can't live. What don't live can't change. What don't
change can't learn." -- Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_