RE Introductions and comments

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 18:53:55 EDT 2003

--- deborah <deborah at suberic.net> wrote:

> Grrr.  Grumble grumble.  The mailing list is
> the only polite way to send mailing list mail (it
> has something to do
> with the way mail is processed by some servers).  I
> see Yahoo's point in
> trying to cut down spam -- goodness only knows it is
> out of control --
> but this isn't the right way to go about it.  For
> one thing, lots of
> spammers don't respect the precedence flag.  Does
> Yahoo have a way to
> whitelist certain addresses?  That is, to say "if I
> receive mail from
> this address, I'm supposed to -- don't file it
> elsewhere?
>
> -deborah

Unfortunately in my Yahoo mail all messages from the
list are listed as being from the individual sender
rather than from the list and when I tried the "this
is not spam" option I discovered I could only list
about 15 list members as non-spamers and the rest is
still going into bulk mail which makes it rather
difficult to follow messages in sequence. Is it
possible to get the list software to include "DWJ" in
the subject lines for all list messages?

Jon