Had to ask...

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 26 21:50:48 EDT 2003

Responding to this and then to another one...

Irina said:

> I think the point is that I don't like the kind of man Miles
> is, neither
> in literature nor in real life. I can imagine why thousands of women
> fall for him, but I'm just not one of them.

I don't think I've fallen for Miles, but I do like the books. Not
falling for Miles may be accounted for by the fact that I read
Cordelia's Honour first, and so my heart was already given to Aral. And
Cordelia.

Hallie said:
Just to throw in my 2 cents, I'd recommend chronological, but not
starting with Shards/Barrayar or _Cordelia's Honor_.

Whereas I am perfectly happy with having started with Cordelia's Honor,
and have enjoyed every book I've read so far. I did read them in
(almost) chronological order, missing out only on Mirror Dance which had
disappeared into a black hole at my brother's house. (Found again, but I
still haven't caught up on Diplomatic Immunity).

Anita