Patterns (was Re: Wilkins' Tooth (was Re: Introductions))

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 26 18:26:13 EDT 2003

>NO idea if this has anything to do with this, but 'rival' is used in
>Hamlet to mean 'partner'.  At least it might make some sense of the
>Trinity suggestion, maybe?

I think it is partly ironic, and partly a meaning similar to this. 'Rivals'
are *not* enemies, or not by definition anyway; there is a sense of the
word in which it is talking about people with co-equal power - you can't be
a rival unless you are in the same league as someone. So you could think
about it as 3 beings who have similar power.

Robyn