Had to ask...Now the Vorkosigan books

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 17:47:07 EDT 2003

Melissa wrote:

>There's something in the later books in the series about how Miles and Aral
>both have this tremendous gift for selecting personnel...I think it bears
>out not just in how useful the people are, but in how interesting they are
>to read about.  I love Ma Kosti and we practically never see her.
>
>Cordelia is definitely my favorite.  Sometimes I just read those first two
>books, just for fun.

I love the idea of a character's having chosen his mother....

(paxpaxpaxpaxpaxpaxpax)
(don't hit me)

I am not convinced I would choose her as a *mother*, though.  Commanding
officer, yes, unhesitatingly, leige lady, undoubtedly, but *mother*?  I am
not convinced I want a Betan mother.

Minnow (heading for the thick patch of pondweed by the weir)