RE Introductions and comments

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Jun 26 16:39:33 EDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jon Noble wrote:
|Since about the same time as youtr digests stoped
|arriving all my dwj-list mail has been going into my
|Yahoo mail Bulk mail folder (which is where it assigns
|stuff it considers spam) - I suspect that these
|problems are related and as I see you are also in
|Yahoo it may be something to do with them.
| I'm cc'ing this to your address as well as the list
|on the assumption its still happening.

Grrr.  Grumble grumble.  The mailing list is "Precedence: Bulk" which is
the only polite way to send mailing list mail (it has something to do
with the way mail is processed by some servers).  I see Yahoo's point in
trying to cut down spam -- goodness only knows it is out of control --
but this isn't the right way to go about it.  For one thing, lots of
spammers don't respect the precedence flag.  Does Yahoo have a way to
whitelist certain addresses?  That is, to say "if I receive mail from
this address, I'm supposed to -- don't file it elsewhere?

-deborah
--
"The doctors guaranteed the treatment would fry the fairy clean
out of him. But all it did was make him bonkers every time he