Had to ask...Now the Vorkosigan books

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Jun 26 13:40:30 EDT 2003

Anna:

>	Now I have a question I have to ask! The last time it seemed like
>the whole list was discussing a book/author I'd never heard of it turned
>out to be something I really liked when I tried it (Death of the
>Necromancer) so I am very intrigued by this Bujold discussion. Obviously a
>lot of you really rate Bujold.  As someone who had never heard of Bujold
>before I joined this list, and has never heard of Bujold outside of this
>list, could someone give me an idea of what the books are like? What are
>they about? I gather it is a very, very long multi-generational saga, but
>that's as far as I've got.

I'd call the series character-driven space opera of the highest
calibre.   As far as Miles is concerned, I'm working on a new
analogy, which is something along the lines of a futuristic Hamlet in
command of military operations of often dubious legality (at least
until a certain point in the books, after which he has to re-define
his job definition.)   But someone is bound to do better...

Hallie.