The Wizard Hunters

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Jun 26 09:14:10 EDT 2003

I got it, and have finished it, and was I ever glad I'd asked for it!
(I guess you can't really call writing the title and author down for
your daughters 'dropping a hint'.)  And glad -not only because I
hadn't to wait too long - to have got the hardcover.  It's beautiful,
and such a joy to read a book that's nice to handle.  Felt this way
about the US hardcover of _Passage_ too.

But there's almost nothing I can think of to write about it,
determined not to spoil things for others as I am!  Characters -
fantastic, plot - fascinating, world-building  - good as ever, magic
- oh-so-complex and I've a feeling there's a lot more to come.  I
*can* say that it's not a real sequel to _Death of the Necromancer_,
though colours perception of that book significantly.  Again, there's
clearly more to come.  The ending's just about right for a book with
a sequel on the way (oh lord, let it be soon!) - not even remotely
wrapped-up, but not painfully cliff-hangerey either.

Wishing I could quote a few great lines, but too selfless to do it,
so just recommending it heartily. :)

Hallie.