Patterns (was Re: Wilkins' Tooth (was Re: Introductions))

Rosie Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 06:35:22 EDT 2003

 --- minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> I'm not surprised!  The last three verses feel like add-ons, being so
> obvious (and not scanning very well either), and apart from the
> Gospel
> Writers I don't think there's much Xtianty in it that *I* can see.
> One is
> One and All Alone might be God, I suppose, but in that case it isn't
> just
> exactly very Xtian, is it?  Christ being one-in-three and all.

I was told that "Three the Rivals" meant the Trinity, but never
understood why rivals. And so many things come in threes - Maiden,
Mother, Crone, as we discussed a while back re F&H, for instance.

> Who are the Lily White Boys?

Jesus and John the Baptist. Of course ... ;-)

Rosie

=====
Why do we suffer so in the world? Just regard life as the short bloom of the mountain cherry.  -- Murasaki

A bird does not sing because he has an answer; he sings because he has a song.  -- Chinese proverb