Had to ask...

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 26 02:46:19 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 19:00, Robyn Starkey wrote:

> I think the person/s who told you this have a heart of stone. You CAN
> read one Miles Vorkosigan book if you are the kind of person who can
> eat one potato chip or one square of chocolate. Yes, the novels do
> stand on their own, but they are so excellent they make you want to
> read the rest.

Hmm, I read one at the insistence of a friend of mine, then read another
and yet another because I thought it was probably an acquired taste.
Then I said "I don't LIKE this? Why am I forcing myself to read it?"
and quit.

I think the point is that I don't like the kind of man Miles is, neither
in literature nor in real life. I can imagine why thousands of women
fall for him, but I'm just not one of them.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 11-May-2003