Had to ask...

Thu Jun 26 00:29:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:01:13 -0400 (EDT), deborah wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>|I have a friend who isn't
>|reading Robert Jordan until all the books in The Wheel of Time are out,
>|which is a great plan for so many reasons.
>
>In the "so he'll never read any of them" sense of great plan.

That would be the implication, yes.  And I say that having thoroughly
enjoyed the first four books of the series.  I wish I'd known how much it
was going to get away from Jordan before I got so invested in it.

>Did Crown of Dalemark turn the Dalemark books from the first kind to the
>second kind of series?

Oooh, good question.  _Crown_ turned the Dalemark books into a series,
period, as far as my reading was concerned; I only read _Cart and Cwidder_
and _Spellcoats_ and didn't realize they were connected.  Deep down, I still
feel that I liked them better without _Crown_, but I don't think I could say
way.  It isn't that _Crown_ is a bad book so much as it gives the series a
definitive end, sort of like the Elves sailing to the West, and even with
the ending promising that Mitt and Maewen have a future, I still feel a
little sad that the world is...sort of closed-off now.

I don't know. I'll have to think about it some more.

Melissa Proffitt