Had to ask...

Wed Jun 25 23:51:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:12:54 -0400 (EDT), <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:

>> I sort of envy people who discover great serieseseses of books after they're
>> complete.  They're spared all the awful waiting and their memories are fresh
>> as they come to each volume.
>
>It depends-- I discovered Teresa Edgerton's work and Sheri Tepper's True
>Game books not only after all of them had come out, but after they had
>gone out of print! Arghhh!

Well, there is that little problem, isn't there.  :)  (But then, that's why
we have libraries--to discover that the library doesn't carry it either and
then make them do interlibrary loan for you, only to receive the books out
of order and have no way of renewing them so you can wait for the first one.
Isn't technology great?)

I have that first trilogy of Edgerton's because we had just decided to name
our first child Teleri when we saw it on the shelf.  But I'm missing a big
chunk of the True Game books because I didn't care much for _King's Blood
Four_ as a child.  The weird thing is that I remember thinking it was
difficult to read, and now I can't understand why I thought that.  I mean,
sometimes you can look at a book and realize that it really was too much for
your younger self (_Name of the Rose_ for me) but in this case I must have
been delusional or something.

Melissa Proffitt