Super Summer Annual Intros!

Rosie Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 14:36:36 EDT 2003

Another lurker crawls out of the woodwork.

Name: Rosie Hopkins

Home: Twyford, nr. Reading, Berkshire, England

Age: 27

What I do when not playing here: Read, of course. Also sing (choral not
solo) and do cross-stitch. Also churchy stuff. If you mean my job, I'm
a librarian and spend long tedious hours cataloguing political books.
As you might have guessed, another of my current activities is looking
for a new job.

Married/partnered/?: Married (1 year, 2 days!)

Offspring (human variety): No

Offspring (four-legged): No

First DWJ/when: Charmed Life, at some point when I was running the prep
school bookshop, so aged 12 or 13

Favourite DWJ: Fire and Hemlock, Deep Secret, Year of the Griffin

Least favourite DWJ: Chair Person - it really gets to me for some
reason. I'm not that keen on Wilkins' Tooth or Dogsbody, but that's
compared with the rest of the canon - liking less, rather than dislike.

Other authors/books: In no particular order, J.R.R. Tolkien, Philip
Pullman, Rumer Godden, Georgette Heyer, Tamora Pierce, Jane Austen,
Maud Hart Lovelace, the Chalet School, various other school stories,
L.M. Alcott, L.M. Montgomery, Rosemary Sutcliff, Geoffrey Trease,
Connie Willis, Barbara Willard, Elfrida Vipont, Elizabeth Goudge ...

Music: Choral, particularly English choral, particularly Elgar, Howells
and Vaughan Williams; Mozart Requiem; Elgar Cello Concerto; Flanders
and Swann; Martyn Joseph, Eden Burning, Why?, Enya, Kate Bush, All
About Eve, Laurie Anderson

Currently reading: Little, Big (John Crowley) - probably a
recommendation from this list. I'm having trouble getting into it,
probably because thanks to the depression I really only want to read
escapist familiar stuff, but it has to go back to the library soon!

Books waiting for: Well of Lost Plots, the new Susan Howatch in
paperback, various reprints from Girls Gone By Publishers

Favourite Movie: A Matter of Life and Death, Dead Poets' Society, True
Blue, Brassed Off, Peter's Friends, A Room with a View, Amadeus

=====
Why do we suffer so in the world? Just regard life as the short bloom of the mountain cherry.  -- Murasaki

A bird does not sing because he has an answer; he sings because he has a song.  -- Chinese proverb