Eddings/High Fantasy

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Jun 24 11:26:15 EDT 2003

Pani Jennifer (as opposed to t'other Jennifer) wrote

>> I am still trying to work out (well, when I ever bother to think about the
>> book at all, which I mostly don't from one year's end to the next, but I
>> did once have to read it right the way through to review it) how someone
>> smart enough to have earned the money to *buy* that Magic Kingdom
>
>oh, I was thinking of the vile Shannara series, which was a complete
>rip-off of all high fantasy elements.

I never had to review any of those, and after the two of his I did have to
read, I sort of didn't bother to rush out and find his work as a high
priority in my life.

:-)

So of course, I can't possibly judge whether your comment on the Shannara
series is valid.  I might just trust you and not bother to read them all to
find out....

Minnow