Super Summer Annual Intros!

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Jun 23 12:14:52 EDT 2003

Name: Dorian Elizabeth Gray (Dorian or Dor for every day), and yes, I'm
female.

Living in: Dublin, Ireland, as I have (bar a 4-year break for college) since
I was two.

Age: 33 (for another 6 weeks or so)

What I do when not playing here: I work as Configuration Manager/Project
Administrator in a small company that writes satellite control software.
The job is a mad combination of copy editor, proof reader, librarian and
secretary.  I get to organise documents and bully programmers.  The rest of
my time is spent role-playing (I'm a busy member of a Live-Action
Roleplaying group) and writing (still trying to make that elusive first
sale).

Married/partnered/?:  Yes, been with Patrick for 8 or 9 years now.

Offspring (human variety): No. (Ugh.  Kids.)

Offspring (four-legged): Yes.  Five felines:  Gandalf (grey and pink
tortoiseshell neurotic female); Tazey (white and tabby enthusiastically
freindly female).  And Tazey's three kittens (now four months old): Lujan
(tabby and agressive male); Kyra (fluffy black and orange tortoiseshell
female); Magrat (tabby and tortoiseshell female).  All three kittens appear
to have inherited their mother's (lack of) brains as well as her
affectionate nature.

First DWJ/when: "Charmed Life"; my brother got it out of the library when I
was nine or so, and hooked the entire family.

Favourite DWJ: "Fire and Hemlock", "Deep Secret", "Time of the Ghost".

Least favourite DWJ: "A Tale of Time City", "The Homeward Bounders", "A
Sudden Wild Magic".

Other authors/books: Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Elizabeth Moon, Barbara
Hambly, old school stories, and far too much more to list.  I'm one of those
people who gets all twitchy if she has nothing to read.

Music: Almost everything, except electro/house/dance and opera.  Lots of
folk, rock, goth, some heavy metal, the odd bit of country, assorted Baroque
and classical.

Currently reading: Rereading "Liar's Oath" by Elizabeth Moon.  And "Fanny
Hill" by John Cleland, a very famous dirty book published in 1740-ish. :-)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole