Graduating (was RE: dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #667)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 09:24:40 EDT 2003

Jennifer wrote:

>Many congrats to the new graduates. Doesn't it feel good?

It feels awfully flat and aimless, to be honest.  A sort of "Now what am I
going to do until October?" feeling.  Luckily my brother is determined that
I should read Bede and some of the Elder Edda over the vacation, and is
going to be making sure that I actually *do* it, so I'm not entirely
rudderless.  And he'll be a lot tougher as an examiner than any of the
people in the Department, or come to that in the Institute next year, so I
should be safe from any risk of intellectual atrophy...

Thank goodness!

Minnow