Wilkins' Tooth (was Re: Introductions)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 09:24:37 EDT 2003

Charlie added:
>I see a couple of people put Wilkins' Tooth as their least fave. For what
>it's worth, I just read it (for the first time) with my 8-year old son, and
>we had a great time with it. Perhaps having an 8-year old at one's side is
>useful here, as so often in life.

I think the reason WT appealed to me was the strange, inexorable *logic* of
the thing.  They didn't set out to do anything more than somehow pay for a
breakage, and each step was entirely reasonable given the one before it,
and somehow without knowing quite how they got there they ended up in a
life-and-death struggle, or rather a good-versus-evil confrontation.

It felt very orderly, in a completely disorganised way.

Regarding the 8-year-old at one's side being useful -- that depends on the
8-year-old!  :-)

Minnow