Introductions

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 21 23:18:04 EDT 2003

> I had written:
>
>  >Most recently finished: In the Forest of Serre (McKillip).
>
> And Abe and Hallie asked some variant of:
>
> > Ooh, how'd you find it?
>
> Very much enjoyed it, but I'm a certified fan. Dreamy, fairy-tale like,
> less opaque than _Ombria_ or _Stony Wood_. Usual McKillp
> sub-themes of knowing your heart, mysterious knowledge,
> acceptance of magics, and roads to darkness. Needs (as most
> recent McKillips do) a re-read to make sense of it all, but there's
> so much else on the reading list that I don't know when I'll fit
> that in. Oh, and prose and imagery as per usual, ie dead good.
>
> For me, McKillip is on the "buy in hardback" list (along with Pterry,
> Brust, & Bujold). Your preferred-measure-of-distance may vary.
>
> --
> Chris the Hedgehog

Thanks, Chris. I'm also a cerified fan, though the ending of _Stony Wood_
disappointed me somewhat (and she hardly ever disappoints me). I'm looking
forward to reading _Forests_. As far as buying it in HB is concerned, it's
just that the price of imported HBs in Australia can be as high as $60 AUS,
which was the price of _Stony Wood_ here. I'll probably borrow it from the
library and buy a remaindered copy or buy it in PB. Sigh.

Ros (not Abe! :-))