Super Summer (well winter here!) Annual Intros!

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Sat Jun 21 23:11:51 EDT 2003

Name: Emma Comerford

Living in: Brisbane

Home: Here as well (unlike some of the people on the list with fascinating
backgrounds!)

Age: 22, almost 23...it's a bit scary that it doesn't seem that long since
I was writing "almost 21" "almost 22" on earlier intros!

What I do when not playing here: Working as an environmental economist
after years of study, and loving it, but being tempted by a PhD scholarship
in the same field...hanging out with firends, watching movies and nature
and history documentaries...again, nothing especially exciting!

Married/partnered/?: yes, though my long-term boyfriend (after the list's
discussion on terms and definitions related to "partner" I became very
confused and now don't know what to use!) and I are temporarily seperated
by the width of the continent due to our jobs - so, Kylie and Paul and
other Perthians, I'll soon be visiting your fair city!

Offspring (human variety): no.

Offspring (four-legged): A brown cat, Oliver, who is finding it hard to
cope with my working full time after years of hanging round the house studying

First DWJ/when: Either LoCC or Tale of Time City at 12-ish (I can't tell as
I strangely didn't realise these were by the same wuthor for a couple of years)

Favourite DWJ: Following a similar system to Melissa's: Favourites are Fire
and Hemlock, Deep Secret, Archer's Goon, LoCC, Howl and Homeward Bounders

Least favourite DWJ: Wilkins' tooth and perhaps Dark Lord of Derkholm (I
love bits but not the whole)

Other authors/books: Lois McMaster Bujold, Connie Willis, Terry Pratchett,
Charles de Lint, Steven Brust, Megan Whalen Turner, Margaret Mahy, Phillip
Pullman, Julian May, many many others which I can't remember

Currently reading: Autumn Term, Antonia Forest (after using Kylie's
excellent suggestion with inter-library loans). Just finished HP5 - wan't
going to get it but found it was only $23 at K-Mart when I strolled past
yesterday...

Books waiting for: Sequel to Bone Doll's Twin, Fforde's Well of lost plots,
new Lindsey Davis and Janet Evanovich (see, four more favourite author's
there!)

Favourite Movie: Umm (mentally rifling through DVD collection), Beauty and
the Beast, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Clerks, Last of the Mohicans, Emma...lots
more, once again, that I can't recall right now...