Introductions

Chris Dollin eh at electric-hedgehog.net
Sat Jun 21 15:15:04 EDT 2003

I had written:

 >Most recently finished: In the Forest of Serre (McKillip).

And Abe and Hallie asked some variant of:

> Ooh, how'd you find it?

Very much enjoyed it, but I'm a certified fan. Dreamy, fairy-tale like,
less opaque than _Ombria_ or _Stony Wood_. Usual McKillp
sub-themes of knowing your heart, mysterious knowledge,
acceptance of magics, and roads to darkness. Needs (as most
recent McKillips do) a re-read to make sense of it all, but there's
so much else on the reading list that I don't know when I'll fit
that in. Oh, and prose and imagery as per usual, ie dead good.

For me, McKillip is on the "buy in hardback" list (along with Pterry,
Brust, & Bujold). Your preferred-measure-of-distance may vary.

--
Chris the Hedgehog