dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #667

Gill Othen gill at othen.fslife.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 05:12:06 EDT 2003

 Name: Gill

 Living in: Kenilworth, England

 Age: 47 but feeling much older sometimes

What I do when not playing here: I tecah English and am Head of Drama at an
independent school in Coventry

 Married/partnered: Yes 25 years in August!

 Offspring (human or four-legged variety): Daughters, Frances aged 15 going
on 25, just finished her GCSEs and Rosalind, 12.

 First DWJ/when: Honestly can't remember, though it might have been the
Skiver's Guide, which I bought when it came out and didn't even realise was
by her till yonks later. Otherwise probably Charmed Life

 Favourite DWJ(Why am I doing this to myself?!): : Fire and Hemlock,
Hexwood, all teh Chrestomanci books, Howl's Moving Castle, Deep Secret, the
Dalemark books, Dark Lord.

 Least favourite DWJ: Wilkin's Tooth

 Currently reading: Nearly finished "The Science of Discworld II" and then
will have to read Harry Potter 5 in order to retain any street cred at all
at work.

 Books waiting for: The Well Of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde Have a stockpile
of newly-published books to take on holiday in mid-July and am being very
good so far - Sabriel, The Accusers(latest Falco Book) Wee Free Men.........

 Music: Mostly classical and folk - Fairport Convention.

 Favourite film: African Queen, Much Ado About Nothing (Branagh),
GalaxyQuest, Princess Bride Oh, hundreds.

Other authors/books: Philip Pullman, Cynthia Voigt, Georgette Heyer, the
incomparable Jane Austen, The miraculous William Shakespeare, Dickens,
Brontes,Pratchett, Dorothy Dunnett, Robert Westall, Oscar Wilde, Lindsay
Davis, Jasper Fforde (his website is brilliant, too!) Roberta MacAvoy. And
hundreds more.

What Else I Really Like Doing: Directing plays (why is there no space for
beloved plays on the list?) especially Shakespeare but I did "My Fair Lady"
in December and that was great too. Sewing, costumes for plays, embroidery.
And I'm going to visit Florence (the city, not the Magic Roundabout
character) for the first time next month!!