Introductions

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 00:59:52 EDT 2003

First, congratulations to all graduates and exam takers. Happy belated and
upcoming birthdays and hang in there Kyra - it takes a while for things to
come together (Voice of Experience ;)

Name: Elise

Living in: Northern Virginia (essentially suburban Washington D.C.)

Age: 33

What I do when not playing here: work as a legal assistant with Food and
Drug regulatory compliance attorneys - everything you eat, use as soap or
cleanser, apply to beautify, take as a pill, brush your teeth with and so
on.

Married/partnered/?:  Yes

Offspring (human variety): No

Offspring (four-legged): 2 cats - Reilly (Ace of Spies) and Simba (Lord of
the Window Sill)

First DWJ/when:  Charmed Life off the library shelf when I was 7.  Actually,
I kept getting out the book next to it - Witch Princess (being the story of
youthful Medea as told by a handmaiden -it's also on my shelf currently) and
looking at Charmed Life and rejecting it because it was about a boy and the
cover was odd.  Luckily, one day I relented.

Favourite DWJ (Why am I doing this to myself?!): Sputter!  As with others,
my list changes.  The DWJs that I find most re-readable at the current time
are Castle in the Air and Sudden Wild Magic.  I know - I really thought SWM
was a miss when I first read it, but I've had a revolution of taste and
enjoy it a lot now. Likewise Castle - I love it more each time I read it.
My most recent re-read was Time of the Ghost though - don't find it scary,
or not unduly or more than others - would love to discuss.

Least favourite DWJ: Crown of Dalemark

Other authors/books (in no particular order, and bound to have
forgotten plenty):  Gee. Georgette Heyer, Judith Merkle Riley, Joan Grant,
Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy, Peter Kingsley, Elizabeth Marie Pope
(Perilous Gard author - I didn't remember either but its on my shelf),
Jacqueline Carey, Normandi Ellis, Jane Austen, earlier Elizabeth Peters,
Sujata Massey, P.C. Hodgell,

Music: Soundtrack to Baraka, Sheila Chandra, LOTR soundtrack, Lisa Gerrard,
Dead Can Dance, D.J. Cheb I Sabbah, and then all sorts of this and that -
generally trancey sorts of things.

Film: hmm currently - really taken with Spirited Away and Matrix Reloaded.
Perennial favorites - Night of the Hunter, Kama Sutra, LOTR thus far,
Baraka.  Also been watching I, Claudius - very good!

Currently reading: Just finished The Devil in Music by Kate Ross - highly
recommend this late (alas) mystery author.  Also just read Japanese Inn by
Oliver Statler and that was very enjoyable.  Currently wading through
Desire: The Tantric Path to Awakening <grin>

I hope this doesn't double post....