DWJ in real life

Macrae-Gibson,R R.Macrae-Gibson at lse.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 09:54:49 EDT 2003

Going home on the tube yesterday I saw someone sitting with a hatstand/coattrack, and couldn't help but smile at the Year of the Griffin coattrack that follows one of the characters around. (Help Friday afternoon mental block on characters name!). I've always pictured this as the type of hatstand that used to live in the Tardis, so double smile.

There was some blurb about JK Rowling on the BBC site that mentions both DWJ & Pullman, again acknowledging that JKR's work is not exactly unique/new. (Although once again someone just can't cope with compound names, and DWJ is called Wynne Jones throughout)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/2996578.stm

Rowena