Introductions/Sigur Ros

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Fri Jun 20 08:38:08 EDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Robyn Starkey wrote:

> literature). Favourite new discovery in music: Sigur Ros

	Oh, they are marvellous! Have you come across their website
Eighteen Seconds Before Sunrise?  If not, you should go as should anyone
who wants to give them a try as they have generously put up lots of
excellent mp3s to download, some of which are songs otherwise unavailable.
I have an especial weakness for the live version of the Icelandic
Christmas song... And I can imagine that any Nordic mythology buffs on the
list might be interested in the Viking Poetry Chanting & the excerpts from
a long work based on a lost & rediscovered chapter of the Edda, Odin's
Raven Magic.

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/index.html

	Anna