Introductions/Movie faves

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 04:48:18 EDT 2003

Robyn:
. I am teaching the Tempest in the fall, and I am very tempted to show the
> Greenaway/Geilgud version to my students.

Great minds... last year I actually did show my Shakespeare students a bit
of Prospero's Books (which I also love), and I used the book of the film to
explain some of PG's visual references to Renaissance art, travel
literature, science, etc. I have to say they looked rather bemused, but I
probably tried to rush it too much. Good luck with it, anyway!

 Have you heard Nyman's opera "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat"? It
> might convince you that you like Nyman on his own, too.

I haven't. I really should too, as the Sacks book is great.

(I'll take a guess that your annivesaries were in 1996 and 2000!)

Charlie