Super Summer Annual Intros!

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 19 22:33:06 EDT 2003

Name: Elizabeth Evans

Living in: New Zealand, city of Auckland, which is large and sprawling, and
actually consists of 4 cities for administrative purposes. For those of you
who know Auckland, I live on the North Shore and spend one and a half hours
a day travelling to/from work.

Age: 48 for another month. Then I am entering on what I am telling people
will be my Year of Jubilee (I will release all my slaves, yay! And since I
think I'm the slave, I'll be releasing me).

What I do when not playing here:   I'm a librarian in the Acquisitions
Department of the University of Auckland Library.

Married/partnered/?:  married for 24 years.

Offspring (human variety): A daughter Sian (21) who reads DWJ and is
training to be a primary school teacher, and a son
Adam who is 18 and as I write is in his second exam today of his first-year
university exams.

Offspring (four-legged):  cat, Emma, white-and-black, described by one of
Sian's friends as 'the ugliest cat I have ever seen,' but she's really
adorable when she's sleeping, ie all the time.

First DWJ/when:  Charmed Life, about 20 years ago. Then Archer's Goon, which
really got me hooked.

Favourite DWJ: Archers Goon or Howl's Moving Castle, depending on my mood.

Least favourite DWJ: I think, possibly Wilkin's Tooth, but it's so long
since I've read it I can't be sure. I'll have to re-read it.

Other authors/books: Elsie J. Oxenham, JRR Tolkien, Guy Gavriel Kay,
Georgette Heyer, Lois McMaster Bujold, Robin McKinley, Essie Summers, (and
I'll stop
there or I'll go on for pages)

Music: Mozart, Haydn, Elvis Presley, Flanders & Swann, some jazz
instrumental (not vocal), Steeleye Span

Currently reading: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl, Piers Plowman,
and critical works pertaining to these. I have an exam next Saturday). After
that I plan to re-read 'Curse of Chalion,' and favourite works by the above
authors.

Books waiting for: the ones I am waiting for are already published or in the
pipeline: The Merlin Conspiracy - do you know it's STILL not available in
the Auckland bookshops? I think the booksellers must be holding it back till
after the HP5 rush, and when whining kids come in wanting something else,
they can do a Da-DA! and produce it. The above-mentioned HP5 (did I mention
it's my birthday next month? Guess which 2 books are on my birthday list!).
The Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Favourite Movie - couldn't resist this one: The Sound of Music. I always get
a pitying smile when I say this, but I will defiantly stick it in anyway.

Regards
Elizabeth.