Super Summer Annual Intros!

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 19 18:07:33 EDT 2003

On Thursday 19 June 2003 18:58, rganetzk at oberlin.edu wrote:
> hmmm...this is becoming an annual tradition...this is the third
> summer that I have been on the liset that we've done intros.

This isn't only for people who will be at the London meet, is it?
Because I wouldn't be able to make that even if I weren't in Greece at
that time.

Name: Irina

Living in: Deventer, Netherlands (~60 miles due east of Amsterdam, ~30
miles from the German border)

Age: 45

What I do when not playing here:   Take care of three daughters
full-time, write full-time, translate part-time, church volunteer work
part-time. (Yes, that's fully three of me)

Married/partnered/?:  Married 10 years in July, known him for slightly
over 13 years.

Offspring (human variety): One 9 1/2 year old daughter, two almost 8
year old daughters, all of them bright (fortunately).

Offspring (four-legged):  Well, they're not *my* offspring! We got the
whole litter, one ginger-and-white, one black, one tortie. Cats,
obviously, now 3 years old.

First DWJ/when:  Must have been either _The Spellcoats_ or _Cart and
Cwidder_, in an awful Dutch translation but with splendid pictures, in
my early teens.

Favourite DWJ: At the moment, Fire and Hemlock, but subject to change.

Least favourite DWJ: Dogsbody, because I just don't have any affinity
with dogs.

Other authors/books: Robin McKinley, Dorothy Sayers, Mary Wesley
(recently, on a friend's recommendation), Pamela Dean, Patricia Wrede,
Diane Duane, Alan Garner, and above all Caroline Stevermer, my role
model as a writer.

Music: Early music, folk, really old jazz, fado, the slow and romantic
kind of country.

Currently (re)reading: Lud-in-the Mist, Power of Three, Good Omens. I'm
going on holiday on the 30th and keeping the to-read pile for that.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 11-May-2003