Introductions/Movie faves

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 19 19:38:18 EDT 2003

>And I have
>a thing about Michael Nyman - but probably only as an adjunct to my thing
>about Peter Greenaway. Drowning by Numbers is probably my favourite film
>(though the Wicker Man runs it close).

I have this thing, too. Drowning by Numbers is my favourite Greenaway. I am
teaching the Tempest in the fall, and I am very tempted to show the
Greenaway/Geilgud version to my students.

Have you heard Nyman's opera "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat"? It
might convince you that you like Nyman on his own, too.

Robyn