DWJ to Australia (was RE: September 6th)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 20:08:12 EDT 2003

--- minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

You know
> those sort of hoops over
> the train, with the wires running along between 'em
> parallel with the track
> below?  

The bits on the top of an electric train used to get
the electricity from overhead wires are called
pantographs - so now you all know. I have no idea why
they are so called but suspect that it is by visual
analogy with the drawing instrument of the same name.


Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
To unsubscribe, email dwj-request at suberic.net with the body "unsubscribe".
Visit the archives at http://suberic.net/dwj/list/

More information about the Dwj mailing list