OT: Small Island (was Re: Vienne and others)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Jun 12 10:09:18 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Elizabeth Evans wrote:
|LOL! And here we were thinking we've entered the big-time in NZ because we
|now have 4 million people. There was a lot of DaDA! -ing on the TV a couple
|of months ago when that milestone was reached. Are there some largish
|country towns with that population in the US?

Not a country town, but the town I just moved out of, Somerville, is
3.93 square miles and has a population of 77,478.  In WWII, the
population was 105,883 -- denser, they claim, than Calcutta.  Currently
they're at 19,715 per square mile.

|Ob DWJ - how many people do you suppose live in Time City?

All of them, of course!

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Can the gods catch flu?  I think I may have given it to all of them.
					-- chrestomanci