I graduated, indirectly thanks to DWJ!

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jun 11 08:54:00 EDT 2003

> > DWJ aspect of this: I got top marks on my Senior Thesis on using fantasy
> > literature as a tool for psychological healing in disadvantaged/disabled
> > individuals, and used DWJ's works as examples.
>
> 	That's a really interesting thesis, I'd be interested to know more
> about it, which books do you think are especially useful for healing?
> I've often thought that a lot of DWJ can be very therapeutic, she manages
> to deal with a lot of disturbing issues in the course of her books.

I'm not the original poster, but I've always thought that the entire
corpus of Mercedes Lackey's work is best viewed as therapeutic fantasy. :)

-- Jenne Heise

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In the nonstop tsunami of global information, librarians provide us with
floaties and teach us how to swim." --Linton Weeks, Washington Post 1/13/01.