Pub-meet (provisional)

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 07:48:08 EDT 2003

Charlie considerately remarked:

> Oh dear. I was going to suggest the 6th specifically with Philip in mind, as
> someone with a proper job!

As someone with two jobs, I generally find it easier to get days off from my
main job than my church commitments.  Engineering can be done any old time as
long as I meet my deadlines, but playing the organ or running the bookstall is
rather pointless if I do it on the wrong day :-)

> Since Philip can't make Saturday, and depending on other people's
> commitments - including DWJ's of course - can I suggest, Minnow, that you
> look into the possibility of other days during Kylie's week in the UK -
> Thursday 4th or Friday 5th perhaps? (If we're talking evenings, Mon-Wed is
> no go for me.) Either way, I'm happy to do the chauffeuring (though
> regretful at missing the chance to get sloshed in good company). If it's in
> Bristol, I'd suggest you check out the Highbury Vaults, as having good beer,
> no music, convenient location, and large tables to sit round. No idea about
> their food though.

Monday to Wednesday evenings are the best for me, just to show there's no
ill-feeling.  Thursday evening is OK, and I could (and would!) take a day off
for a mid-week lunch.  Friday I would try, but it's a little close to the Summer
Fair for comfort.

If it is a mid-week lunch, perhaps in the afternoon we could visit some of the
landmarks from the books!  The Suspension Bridge, Bristolia, the place where Tan
Hanivar became a monster (I always visualise Broadmead before the recent
rebuilding work), Zed Alley.  Even the site of the Iron Casket is only 30 mi
away!

In hope,

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.