DWJ listers at the Worldcon and in the UK

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Tue Jun 10 09:04:37 EDT 2003

> I think 'speak with' rather than 'speak to' would be good, because
> 'preparing a speech' is work, whereas coming along to a meal
> and having fun
> is, well, not-work.  Or what about a pub?  One of the sort
> that does have
> food but doesn't have music, or is prepared to turn it down
> so people can
> hear each other speak?

Speak with would be great!  Except I'd be shy so there would have to be other people there to make erudite and witty conversation so DWJ does not think she has a bunch of fans who can't talk :)

And the relaxed kind of atmosphere of a pub sounds good too.  In my brief visits to the UK I have had some very nice meals in pubs.

> It isn't fair to ask her to travel very far, because she has
> [a] a travel
> jinx and [b] a messed-up spine so traveling too far hurts her
> afterwards
> even if not at the time.  Make it in Bristol, or within about
> fifty miles
> of Bristol, and maybe Charlie could chauffeur her....

I would be happy to arrange my travels around a dinner like this!!  2nd of September to the 7th of September is when I'll be there.

Byeeeee,
Kylie