Leathery-Winged Avians (was Re: Derk makes me uneasy)

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 03:52:47 EDT 2003

>> were.  And the geese have a -- what's the proper word?  Goscine? -- sense
>> of humour, of course.  They would.
>
> 'Anserine' is the word. ("fois gras is the diseased anserine liver
> stuffed with truffles"). The OED's second meaning is this,
> interestingly:

But when these geese were ministering to Kit, they seemed quite Anscherine!

(I'm assuming they were the same geese, who'd fled the coop (or whatever you
keep geese in) and fallen in with Anscher.  This on the grounds that Anscher
doesn't have geese at any other point, unlike Libby Beer.  OTOH Umru had been
employed minding his parents' geese before entering Anscher's ?novitiate.  This
is getting confusing.)

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.