extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 17:45:03 EDT 2003

Dorian explained:

>Charlie said...
>>For ISIHAC ingenus, I should explain that Mornington Crescent is a mythical
>game of incredible complexity
>Mythical, huh?  Ya think?

Legendary, I think he meant.

>Someone once mentioned Mornington Crescent on another list I'm on, and we
>then played it for three months. :-)

I know of a list on which they've been waiting longer than that for the
author whose list it theoretically is to play *anything*.  It's his turn.
And they are stuck at Theydon Bois.  Nasty.

>Roger then added...
>> Tower Hill, sir, Tower Hill!
>Playing a silver token and invoking the Dark of the Moon rule...
>Blackfriars.

*This* early in the game you want to play Blackfriars and put the potential
straddle into baulk?

Luckily I can huff you, because the date is a prime number, so the straddle
isn't entirely wasted.

Penge.

Minnow