extremely belated Super Summer Annual Intros!

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 29 05:08:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Margaret Ball wrote:

> Anyway, very very late:

You think *you're* late? I still haven't responded to *last* year's
Intros thread yet...

Name: Paul Andinach

Living in: A caravan in my parents' back yard.

(Oh, all right. Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.)

Age: 22

What I do when not playing here: Work as a web designer. Study
networking at night school. Play trombone in two bands. Sing in the
local choral group. Play keyboard for a church choir. Try to write.
Eat. Read. Sleep. Try to ignore the 3000+ DWJ list messages I don't
have time to read.

Married/partnered/?: No.

Offspring (human variety): No.

Offspring (four-legged): No.

There's a cat, one to three dogs, a ferret, and various others about
the house, but happily none of them are mine. They're enough trouble
as it is.

First DWJ/when: A long time ago. Maybe _The Magicians of Caprona_ or
_Homeward Bounders_.

Most recent DWJ: "What the Cat Told Me"

Other authors: I'm not going to attempt a list. Most of my favourite
authors have been mentioned already; I was going to amuse myself by
sticking to authors nobody ever mentions, but *they've* been mentioned
too!

(You wait years for a Hodgell fan, and then three come along at
once...)

Aha! Nobody's mentioned Kage Baker yet! Or Jeff Smith, Janet Kagan,
Peter O'Donnell, Ellis Peters, B. K. Willis, Laurie R. King, ...

Favourite music: For what it's worth, my CD rack seems to be full of
musicals, Mark Knopfler albums, and stuff that shows exactly which
decade I grew up in; with a bit of classical music, instrumental jazz,
and Tom Lehrer for variety. The audio cassette rack is mostly British
comedy straight off the radio: The Goon Show, I'm Sorry I'll Read That
Again, My Word, My Music, Just a Minute, ...

Currently watching: Not much, actually. The only thing I'm watching on
a regular basis these days is _Spooks_.

Currently reading: Between books. Recent reads have included some
Doctor Who novels I've been trying to get around to, a couple of short
story collections (including DWJ's favourites anthology), Jeff Smith's
_Bone_ series, HP5, _Les Miserables_, and Frank Miller's _300_.
Still on the pile are more Doctor Who novels, Mary Gentle's _Ash_,
Robin Hobb's Liveship Trilogy, Peter Beagle's _A Fine and Private
Place_, a couple of Eugene Byrne novels, and much else besides.

New book awaited with bated breath: Neil Gaiman's _1602_. Which is
foolish of me, since it's not going to be available here for years,
if ever.

(Definitely one of the top five things I miss about Perth is the
existence of shops that sell comics even if they don't have Batman,
Superman, the Phantom, or Archie in them.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."